The specific objectives and purposes of SisterSpace of the Delaware Valley:
- to provide women the opportunity to build personal, leadership and organizational skills through participation in educational, cultural, athletic and networking activities.
- to provide services and sponsor educational activities designed to foster a positive self-image for lesbians.
- to sponsor educational seminars and workshops designed to empower women through discussion of ideas and opinions.
- to sponsor artistic performances and other events focusing on women's culture and women's empowerment.
- to sponsor a women's weekend of educational, cultural, athletic and networking activities.
- to provide women with information on educational, cultural, athletic and networking activities through newsletters and information bulletins.
- to educate the lesbigay community or the public in general regarding issues of concern to the Lesbian community.
- to have the normal functions, operations, programs and pursuits incidental to a fully recognized and operational educational and social services organization.
The SisterSpace Board of Directors meets at varying locations in or around the greater Philadelphia area. Board meetings are open to the public, but are subject to occasional rescheduling. If you are planning to attend a board meeting, please email us or call us at 1-888-294-1110 to confirm the time, date and venue for the next meeting.